Better WordPress search in three steps
Search ( maybe that’s only two steps )
Options include search highlight, searching pages, excerpts, attachments, drafts, comments and custom fields (metadata).
What it does:
Search Everything increases the ability of the default WordPress Search, options included:
- Search Highlighting
- Search Every Page
- Search Every Tag
- Search Custom Taxonomies ( new )
- Search Every Category
- Search non-password protected pages only
- Search Every Comment
- Search only approved comments
- Search Every Draft
- Search Every Excerpt
- Search Every Attachment (post type)
- Search Every Custom Field (metadata)
- Exclude Posts from search
- Exclude Categories from search
Downloaded 515129 times
Latest version: Download Search Everything WordPress Plugin v22.214.171.124 [zip]
- Download the plugin and unzip it (didn’t you already do this?).
- Put the ‘search-everything’ directory into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ next to Search Everything.
- Go to the Options > Search Everything and configure your settings.
- That’s it. Have fun and if you can contribute (see notes).
Q. It doesn’t work
A. Read the installation guide.
Q. Where is feature x?
A. github Issues. Label it as a “feature-request”
Q. It *still* doesn’t work (and you’re certain there’s a bug)
A. github Issues
Q. What Translations are included?
- China / Chinese
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
- Norwegian (Nynorsk)
- Taiwan / Chinese