Using this WordPress plugin you can add AJAX Search to your site. Version 1 allows for the option of having Blog Search and/or Web Search with another option for a secondary url search, ideally for flickr or another photostream. Full Style options and Widgetized for you pleasure.
Create a new topic in the forums with ‘googleajaxsearch’ and ‘dancameron’ as the tag for your support related questions.
Downloaded 33974 times
Latest version: Download Google AJAX Search v1.2 [zip]
- Download the plugin and unzip it (didn’t you already do this?).
- Put the ‘googleajaxsearch.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ next to Google Ajax Search.
- Go to Options > Google Ajax Search to configure your settings and click ‘save’.
a. You will need an API key first. http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/signup.html
b. Next you will need to enter CLOSED or OPEN for the displayed search results.
c. All other options are optional.
- Place the search box where you want by placing into your theme (most likely your sidebar) or simplify your life and use widget sidebars.
- Have fun and if you can contribute (see notes), at the very least post your likes and dislikes about the plugin linking to http://dancameron.org/wordpress/ so your readers to find the plugin and I can see your feedback.
Q. It doesn’t work
A. Read the installation guide.
Q. It *still* doesn’t work
A. Open up a thread in the support forums tagged ‘googleajaxsearch’ and ‘dancameron’.