A little background first… To celebrate Christmas and get Sprout Apps jump started for the new year I’ve launched a huge discount on Sprout Invoices and Help Scout Desk. The sale sets the cheaper monthly plans of Sprout Invoices to a $1, then each day the price will increase until Christmas day (when I’ll just manually remove the […]
A big change since I started Sprout Apps is putting aside time to contribute back to WordPress more. In the past my excuse of not contributing was always time but honestly bad experiences within core conversations and my lack of confidence held me back. I’ve come to realize my excuses suck and that I have a lot to benefit from […]
If you’re a developer and release code to the public: own your mistakes don’t blame your users for them. — Dan Cameron (@dancameron) September 10, 2014 Someone on the Advanced WordPress Facebook group posted this about how he was frustrated how plugin updates were being handled by a certain developer. That arena is definitely not the […]
As a follow to my EDD Recurring Payments & Discounts: Proposal I’d like to share my solution. Let me set this up for you first. Here’s the pricing options for Sprout Invoices. Note: the customer pays the “Signup Fee” and the “Price” initially, I’ve written about a proposal to change this already. The discount is for 25% off […]
At Sprout Apps we’re going to be using the awesome NinjaDemo plugin but we wanted to allow for a demo to be created without directing them to the bland demo site running Twenty Twelve :). Here’s the solution I came up with: Add some AJAX handlers on the WPMU demo site running NinjaDemo. I wish […]
View the code on Gist.
Noticing that new Date( ‘July 17, 2014′ ).getTime() and new Date( ’07/17/2014′ ).getTime() will return two different values. The former will have the GMT offset attached while the later will not. I need to test if this has anything to do with the values of the first are from a string and the second is from a date […]
My experience with contributing to WordPress core has been awful and after years of convincing myself it’s gotten better the results might be the same. Hopefully my feeling of discouragement changes because I really want to be involved.
This week we at Sprout Venture migrated our largest project to git. Without going into detail about our process we ran into a problem with our superproject’s submodules initialized with detached HEADs; regardless if they’re added with the branch set. The .gitmodules file would properly show the branch, e.g. [submodule "wordpress"] path = wordpress url […]
Ran into a problem tonight where simply applying ‘the_content’ filter to some content wasn’t getting any oembed magic. After a look at WP_Embed class I quickly found that WP does the right thing and caches the filtered content, so without a PostID is quites before it does any work. Here’s a quick hack to get that […]